Thursday, August 30, 2007

Good Stuff.......

My Sister just sent this to me, Chew on this one....
Hey Jen, I just read this from the chapter, Prayer Grasps Eternity in Why Revival Tarries by Leonard Ravenhill. It's pretty stinking good and convicting.

"We have many organizers, but few agonizers; many players, few payers; many singers, few clingers; lots of pastors, few wrestlers, many fears, few tears, much fashion, little passion; many interferers, few intercessors, many writers, but few fighters. Failing here, we fail everywhere. "

Give me the Passion! - Jen

Thoughts?

3 comments:

Joey, Katie, Judah and Annie said...

It's pretty profound. Kind of sums up a lot of Western Christianity huh? I know we've talked before about the burden of overactivity and overextension, especially in 'good' church things. The real challenge though is to have as deep of a heart for Christ and as deep of a burden for his people as our mere involvement leads us to believe we have.
Lovin' You!
Katie

Anonymous said...

sister, how true is that little blip!

I am missing you today, and most days. we really really need to catch up. this is rediculous.

i love you sweet friend.

Anonymous said...

absolutely. i'm in that very boat and want out. God lead me and us out of our egypt... practically how do we fight for that?