Monday, September 3, 2007

Moutain Bikes and Mulitple Crashes

So I ventured out for a good mountain biking ride with a friend and co-worker this afternoon. It was beautiful out, we took a really fun single track up and back from our village. It was beautiful weather and a great ride. On the way back I took a pretty smashing fall, came uncliped from my bike and my hip landed with a good size rock, scraped up my arms...bla, bla, bla- the typical fall with some good scratches and bruises. Got of the trail, loaded my bike on top of my Car.....

CRASH #2!!!!!!

I was driving back to my house, opened the garage door- Yep you know what is next. I spaced out that my bike was on top and crashed my bike into the garage door. My bike was stuck in between the garage door. You should have been there on this scence. My Yakima racks completely came off, my bike tray was bent in half and it took three girls to figure out how this bike possible got in this position. My bike was stuck in the garage door with the fork of my bike jammed and dented in the hood of my car. Dents, bangs and scrapes... let me tell you! My seat was stuck, so I crawled on top of my car layed down and kicked my seat off the bike and tried to unassemble my bike so that I could somehow get my car in a position to drive. It finaly happened!

I wish I could say this is the first time this happened- no almost exactly a year ago I drove my bike into my parents garage, except that time I wrecked the entire garage door and my parents had to claim my accident on their homeowners insurance... brilliant... As my sister would tell me" shhh, Jen those are the things we don't say out loud" So there you go- all my humiliation out there on my blog. I am feeling like a iddiot I guess the altitude going to my head!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man, insult to injury. my dad, on numerous occasions, would back his suv into the garage with the tailgate window open. i mean, you're turned around looking into the garage with no window. you'd think that you'd remember why you aren't looking through a window right? glass everywhere. 3 different times. another time he was carrying a ladder and walked right into the car. broke the tailgate window. hopefully that makes you feel a little bit better. not me though, i think it might be genetic.

Jenn said...

classic. that is all i can say. my dad just took his tailgate off by forgetting that the trailer was attached. crazy people!

Eli, Mandy & Ava Stewart said...

like I said...at least it was your car and not your bike :) You know your hooked when you sacrifice your car to a good dent and are relieved that you don't have to forfeit any time on the trail b/c your bike is ok.

Unknown said...

DOOooo

Jenny Schlenker said...

Bryan, Dooooo is right!

Anonymous said...

i miss you...and i hope we actually get to talk to each other on the phone instead of each others voicemails......and if the schlenker family and the hill family got together they would have alot of car crashes to talk about because i have been in my share of "lost my brain for a moment" car crashes. Joey could tell u some stories. love you, jamie hill

Anonymous said...

ahhhH! Jen. of course this would happen. Great story though! I know it isn't any consolation, but i locked my keys in my car not once, but FOUR times this summer. needless to say, i went and had 3 spare keys made last week. want one? :)

Coalwell Family said...

LOL! Good one!

Jenny Schlenker said...

So it's not looking good. I didn't think there was that much damage to the the bike.... the fork is competely jacked.... He said it would be between 250-300 for a new fork. He is willing to give me $250 toward a new one....... Man...What a bummer. OH well, it's just a bike :)

mom/popfoote said...

HI Jenn, you are always good for a laugh. We did the same thing coming home from surfing at San Elijo only it was our surf boards!
Thanks for sharing
love ROxanne

Jenny Schlenker said...

Thanks Roxanne, Perhaps we should make a art piece out of crashed mountain bikes and surfboards! Then David could plant orchids in it!