Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Moab, Scabs and Sunshine


Just got back from a great trip to Moab, UT this weekend. It was full of great mountain biking. We rode all weekend long and had a great time. We went down there were about 30 of us camping down there. It was a weekend full of great biking, laughing, great conversations, good food, lots of sunshine and some good falls for a lot of us. Most of my falls involved laying on hot rock laughing out of control! Until I rolled out of bed yesterday morning with more bruies and scabs on the right side of my body that one could shake a stick at. yeah for gashes! Anyhoo- I rode down with Carol and Doug - and came home with red dirt, too much sun, coolers full of food, bikes, dusty camelbaks, etc.... We looked beat and like we all had a lot of fun. Pictues to follow a great weekend of fun in the sun ( the moutain girls needed some sunshine after all this snow!)

3 comments:

Two Cent Sparrow said...

I love you girl; you are too much fun! What an awesome adventures. And you're so hard-core! Give me running, backpacking, surfing, fishing, but NO mountain biking. That sport scares the pants off of me - there is more falling than I care to handle.

I love how you embrace the scabs and scares. Miss you!

Sherry said...

Hey Jen, I thought you were going to pass on this mtn biking trip?! I would definitely agree with Anna on the NO mountain biking thing for me! Bryan would love me to- but I just don't have quite as much courage as you! Talk about NO FEAR - you go girl. Take good care of all those wounds! We need to catch up soon. We have our annual baptism on Sunday - then we are heading to SB for a few days with the girls. The Lord has blessed us with a great place to stay and we are all looking forward to it!
Love you much.

Jenny Schlenker said...

Sherry- yeah I passed on the trip the week before- this was a different trip- this time of year folks are going down there a lot.

For the record- last night i got back from a ride- cameb back in one piece. I was making dinner and was headed up stairs then tripped on my hard wood floors, banged my scabs, they fell off again and then had to clean up blood and scabs... nice!