Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sara Groves on Parenting...

I know I have lots of mommy blogger friends... so here is for all of you!

“My parenting approach before these past couple of years was to pray for my kids to go to college, end up happily married with good jobs and a nice home. Now I focus more on wanting my kids to open their hearts and love God and love their neighbor. I’m excited to see what they do in their generation. I want them to be leaders, and I don’t want them to be afraid. I want them to believe in a God who is real and is bigger than all of this and has a plan for their lives. The way I parent them now is not about protecting them from everything, it’s about creating in them a sense of the story that they are a part of, and the idea of the good use of their lives.”

3 comments:

Linda Z said...

Very wise words! I really like Sara Groves. :)

Anonymous said...

Ironically I was just going to write and tell you that its nice to meet another Sara-stalker (ahem! I mean 'fan' *grin*) and then this is the post I happened on :)

great quote..thanks for sharing! is it in a bigger article I can read somewhere?

Kristyn said...

Very cool Jenny! I am glad to know that you have a blog. I caught it from Jamie Jo's blog. Michael and I are blogging too...about our adoption...

www.michaelandkristyn.blogspot.com

I am glad life is treating you well dear friend.