Thursday, September 11, 2008

Imogene Pass Run




It is offically the end of the summer here at 8,500 feet! This past weekend- my friends Angie, Ann and I ran Imogene Pass There was over 5,000 feet of veritcal elevation gain, a total run of 17.6 miles. From miles 7-10, there is a 1,000 feet every mile. The summit elevation is 13,200 feet- offering pain killers and chicken both at the top. A great run and pretty tough. It was a stunning day! It started in Ouray, Co and ended up in the town of Telluride. There was not a cloud in the sky and it was absolutely beautiful. It was wonderful to be able to do it with great girl friends and stay in Angie's family's cabin in Telluride. We all had a great time- I would do it again in a heart beat and would know how to train a little differently this time. Thank you Jesus for lungs and legs!

The colors are already starting to slightly change here!

9 comments:

Colleen said...

Hey Jenny! How are you? That run sounds amazing! I could never do it. ;) I just moved up to Portland, and I'm getting my Master's in Counseling at Western Seminary. I started a blog since I'm away from everybody now. Just wanted to say hello. Miss you!

Tim and Debra said...

I must say you are amazing!

Ryan and Camille said...

Jenny, looks fun! We will definitely keep you in mind if we are ever back there again, I do miss seeing your smile at church..

Turner Family said...

You inspire me in so many ways, Jen. Sounds like a fun and beautiful race. Miss you sweet girl.

We are the Ganyos.... said...

Incredible. What an accomplishment, you are an inspiration. Miss you!
Erica

Anonymous said...

Good on ya Jenni! Imogene is my favorite run....had great ambitions this year if it weren't for the little body growing in my belly!! :) Maybe next year we can run it together!

Ashley

Jenny Schlenker said...

Thanks for your comments friends. Ash- that would be so fun to do together. we could get mandy up here too and have the boys watch the girls! praying for you and the baby!

Trout Whisperer said...

Wow, Jen! That's quite an accomplishment. Way to go!
- Barry

Anna Ingalls said...

You are my hero! That sounds amazing! I want to come out there sooo bad. I bet any California run sounds so easy compared to the elevation you are running at!