Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall is Here!




The fall has officially arrived at 8,520 feet. It is absolutely beautiful with all the changing of the leaves! Life slows down considerably during the Fall (off) season here in the mountains. It is intresting coming from California where we experience a little bit of the change of seasons-but not to the degree in leaving in all four seasons. I love the fall! It is a time to slow down after a busy active, full and fun summer. Some things I love about Colorado Fall:

1. You become much more reflective living in seasons
2. Drinking Chai
3. Fun game nights with friends
4. Time to read and get caught up on journaling
5. Seeing locals out and about
6. Warm days with a cool breezes
7. The changing of the leaves
8. Excitemnet for the first snow- (I can wait for the long winter!)
9. My family is coming in November for Thanskgiving!

Is there anything that excites you about this Fall?

6 comments:

Kelly Meirik said...

in no particular order:
-the colors of the vineyards (a true wonder of sonoma county)
-removing the beastly window air conditioners (i made david by one for each room)
-david says the waves go off in the fall; off shore winds
-noah says the pumpkin patch in petaluma
-wearing jeans
-the holiday season

Colleen said...

I was just thinking of writing a blog about fall too! It's my favorite season. My reasons: the smell of the rain, the way everything slows down, burning pumpkin oil and making my house smell like a holiday, the countdown to Christmas, making and wearing scarves, and... my birthday. :) Fall is the best!

Eli, Mandy & Ava Stewart said...

In Texas: a little less humid. a fall day is considered low 90's and a little dry.
as far as fall in general: changing of leaves, Fall food: pears , squash, oats , Chai.
I LOVE Fall, especially in CO jen, I think you have the better perspective of Fall.
L:)
Mandy

g2 said...

Yo Schlenky-Schlenkerton...Good to see you last week in SLO....or was that Mandy??

Anyway, best part of Fall is having my awesome wife transform our humble domicile from summer chic to autumn bliss......good times!

Anna Ingalls said...

i love that sometimes you need a scarf - those days will only come more frequent. OOh yeah and hot cider and pumpkin soups yumm.

Thomas Clan said...

what an awesome picture!!! Lucky duck that you get to experience Fall. Yep, here in AG it's the same weather day in and day out. I love the changing colors of the leaves, pumkin anything, fall decor in our home and candles make it so cozy, even if it is 80 outside, going to pick pumpkins at Avila Valley Barn with the fam and watching the boys play around on the pumpkins and seeing the animals, drinking spice tea, I love fall!! I love you too Jenny!!