Monday, October 8, 2007

Weekend in Telluride, Co

Some friends and I decided after work on Friday that we should go to Telluride for the weekend. It was a last minute weekend adventure to the San Juans. The San Juan Mountain Range is amazing! All the mountains in southern Colorado are jagged and really severe. The Aspen trees were peaked- the colors were incredible against the snow capped mountains. Ann, Melissa and I had a great time together. Thank you Jesus for a refreshing weekend of great conversations and fixing our hearts on you!

Also- My family will be here this Friday! My parents are driving out from Cali and then we will drive into Denver to get Mandy and Ava. My brother, Ryan is planning on driving out here sometime next week. I am running the Denver Marathon on Sunday- so you can pray I finish and my body is protected from injury. It will be great to have some family support!

I will keep you all updated on the week of the Schlenker Family Visit to Colorado..... there could be some stories......My mom is hilarious! How much you want to bet she drove out here with loads of Trader Joes food for me and the latest deal she found at Marshalls! I love it.... you gotta love Lynne Schlenker, she is a gem and one of a kind! Love that Mama!










Hard Core Mountain Biking


11 comments:

Jenn said...

Jen- You look beautiful. What a fun time away. I am praying for your run. I am so excited that your family will be there. You have such a support group. Wish I could be there too! Maybe someday we will make it out there for a visit. Let us know how you do. Love you!
Jenn

Samantha said...

Have a wonderful time with your fam. I bet you can't wait to get your hands on little Ava. Tell them Hi for me. I will pray that you stay safe during the marathon. You are so amazing!

ChrisZ. said...

Hey Schlenk - if you keep that spring in your step like you had when you ran after me at the underground metro I think you'll be ok. Have a great time with your family!

Blstanzel said...

Hey Jen-
Praying for your marathon and fam time. Will you be in California in Decemebr at all? We'll be there for most of the month and hope to see you then some time.
Love ya
Leah

Turner Family said...

Another marathon...you are awesome! I hope to run another one after AJ is born. Your pictures are fantastic and you are beaming. Jesus definitely shines from you. Tell hi to the family for me. :)

Two Cent Sparrow said...

Hi Jen - Another post full of beautiful pics. I think I need to make a trip to Colorado. I'll be praying for you this Sunday. It is great you'll have family there for support (and snacks along the way).

Crystal Thomas said...

this makes me want to go to denver....ive never been. A-MAZ-ING

Eli, Mandy & Ava Stewart said...

so fun....it's beautiful. I love that your having such wonderful Fall! I am jealous you are wearing warm clothes!

Kelly Meirik said...

I love the one with you and the waterfall- wow! Enjoy the solitude of your marathon- nothing like a little pain and a little solitude to realign thinking. Put that body to the test girl! I can't wait to come see you soon...still working on a flight!
Tell all your family hello for me. My mom is all about Marshalls too, who am I kidding, so am I!!

Shelley Blackwell said...

Hi Jen,
You rock!! How did the marathon go? So good to get the updates on your blog. I've been kind of out of the blog world for a little while. Jeremiah's parents have been visiting and we've been busy with them. Missing you!
love,
shelley

Anna Ingalls said...

i miss you so much schlinky-dink. i can't wait to see you soon.